Plaksha invites applications for tenure-track positions at the Assistant, Associate and full Professor levels from candidates with a Ph.D. from a world-class institution in disciplines including economics, design thinking, computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, bioengineering, energy systems engineering, mathematics, social sciences and related fields; interest and experience in interdisciplinary topics such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, data science, cyber-physical systems, biological systems, robotics, digital transformation, cybersecurity etc., and a track record of creating impact via research, innovation in teaching, industry practice or entrepreneurial ventures.
Applicants are also invited to apply for positions at all levels at Plaksha’s upcoming grand challenge-based research centers, particularly in Clean Energy and Water Security.
For more information, click here.
Key faculty responsibilities include teaching and mentoring students at the Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral level, implementing project-based and experiential learning experiences, and helping to realize the mission of Plaksha through the establishment of research centers & laboratories of global eminence that have a deep and far reaching impact on economy and society. In line with the vision of the university, we specifically seek founding faculty members with the following characteristics.
Who we are looking for
- Faculty who are inspired, creative and passionate about what and how they teach, who truly enjoy teaching and mentoring students, and are highly committed to student learning and success.
- A willingness to embrace Plaksha’s vision of reimagining education by adopting new pedagogical methods, including in teacher training, education workflows, course formats, and the role of technology in teaching and learning.
- A strong commitment and track record in one or more of the following:
Research framed by grand challenges of India and the world in the 21st century.
Research with impact on industry, public policy, practice, sustainable development etc.
Making inventions/ commercializing technology/software or other entrepreneurial experience.
Experience in leading companies, or other significant industrial/corporate experience.
Innovative pedagogy and/or scholarship of education and/or interdisciplinary education.
- An interdisciplinary mindset, in the broadest sense, recognizing the need for partnerships between social sciences, humanities and STEM disciplines, and willingness to learn from colleagues with different perspectives.
- A passion for institution-building with a desire for continuous improvement, entrepreneurial mindset and a can-do attitude.
- A willingness to work in a team, by accepting others’ ideas, partnering, leading or following, as needed to accomplish team objectives.
Faculty members at Plaksha will receive several benefits, including but not limited to, competitive joining packages and salaries, seed grants for research, attractive IPR and consultancy policies, mentorship opportunities from members of an eminent global Academic Advisory Board and other members of the Plaksha family, collaboration and partnerships with industry and entrepreneurs, along with the opportunity to contribute to and create research labs and centers.
We are committed to maintaining diversity and welcome applications from all nationalities. Plaksha is committed to supporting dual career couples and has dedicated staff to help with transitioning the faculty’s family to living in Chandigarh, including help with schools, housing, connecting to the larger community etc.
How to apply
There is no deadline for faculty position applications, rather applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting June 1, 2020. The appointment dates are flexible and will start as early as Fall 2020.
Applicants should send their
- Cover letter
- Teaching statement expressing their views on interdisciplinary education
- Research statement
- A page on statement of impact describing their academic, entrepreneurial and industrial experience
- A list of three to five references.
You may also contact us for any questions that you have at email@example.com